House Fire Saftey Tips
As the climate continues to rise as summer gets closer and closer, people should take into consideration of the higher risk of fires. House fires can be started by the smallest thing and are at higher risk now that temperatures will be hotter, as well as humidity. If any damages occur due to fire, or water, please contact Clean Joe for the best restoration services! To help prevent any catastrophes at home, here is a small guideline to follow to make sure you are being safe throughout the summer.
Keep Heating Utilities in Good Condition – Many house fires are started because heating equipment is not kept up and maintained. By annually checking heaters, fireplaces, chimneys, etc. you are significantly reducing the chances of a house fire.
Electrical Equipment – Another leading cause of house fires is from faulty electrical units. Always keep an eye out for frayed or torn wires and chords. Another safe practice is making sure that no wires are run underneath carpet, rugs, furniture, or anything that could catch fire if something were to happen.
Candles – Candles are a popular house item as they provide great smells that fill the air. However, if left unattended, can cause a lot of damage. Mostly if they are left near curtains or other items that can catch fire easily. Make sure that you have sturdy holders so they are not easily knocked over. In addition to combing the house before you leave to make sure any candles are put out.